[aerogear-dev] [AeroGear.js] Persistence API - draft 0.1

Matthias Wessendorf matzew at apache.org
Thu Aug 16 05:33:47 EDT 2012

Hi,

looking at [1] and also reading the client JS code from the TODO app
(->app.js), I am wondering if there is a newer version of the draft?

Also, inside of the rest adapter of aerogear.js the 'delete' function
is called 'del' ([2]), not sure if that's a good idea..

While reading the app.js file, I also noticed that some of the 'setup'
syntax needs to be documented (e.g. the draft is missing details on
settings,url etc of the cfg object):
var todo = aerogear.pipeline([
        {
            name: "tasks",
            settings: {
                url: "/todo-server/task"
            }
        },

Also - perhaps for now it is OK, but I think it (still) reads a bit
too much jQuery/ajax like?!
projectGet = Projects.read({
    ajax: {
        success: function( data, textStatus, jqXHR ) {
            $( "#project-loader" ).hide();
            updateProjectList( data );
        }
    }
});
(I think we had this topic already in the past, not too strong
feelings about this... but just wanted to mention this)

Oh, one last question, is there a decent/easy way to generate API docs
out of the JavaScript API?

Thanks!

[1] https://gist.github.com/3084134
[2] https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-js/blob/master/src/pipeline/adapters/rest.js#L74