[aerogear-dev] loooong WAR file name for jboss-as-kitchensink-html5-mobile

Jay Balunas jbalunas at redhat.com
Wed Aug 22 14:40:16 EDT 2012

On Aug 22, 2012, at 2:34 PM, Pete Muir wrote:

> You must use the maven artifactid or the default final name as the war final name as otherwise you will break JBoss Tools and m2e.
>
> This is a long outstanding issue with JBoss Tools.

Iirc you can still override with web.xml setting through - correct?

> On 22 Aug 2012, at 19:32, Matthias Wessendorf wrote:

>>> The name is part of the JDF quickstart conventions.  I agree it is certainly not ideal.  AeroGear's own examples will not be like that.
>>>

> Well then I would suggest we try to address it for all projects, rather than creating silos.

Right, which is why for the quickstart and archetypes we're sticking to convention.  AeroGear's own examples can use what ever naming scheme is best suited for it.

I would certainly second an attempt to simplify the quickstart naming, but don't have time to push it.