[aerogear-dev] Scaffolding / Rapid Development Tools

Sebastien Blanc scm.blanc at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 11:27:51 EST 2012

Hi,
We are currently brainstorming on the different ways that can speed up
the development time of a project using Aerogear.
Speeding up the development include several concepts :

* Setting up the project structure.
* Scaffolding the Backend logic based on user inputs.
* Scaffolding the CRUD views based on your domain model / user inputs.
* Boost the test/integration/deployment process

What do you we currently have ?

In the Java/JEE corner :
Well, Maven offers already some kind of project structure if you follow its
conventions.
Regarding scaffolding we have a tool called "forge" in which you can plug
in "quite" easily extensions to customize the scaffolding.

In the JS corner :
We have tools like Grunt andYeoman which will be able to handle the front
end stuff

What is the targeted audience ?

That's one of the first challenges :

* We have JEE/Java
* We have JS developpers
* We have mobile native developpers

And of course, most of the time we will have a mix of these 3 profiles ...

For example, JS devs won't be very excited if they have only maven/forge as
options to boost up the development time. On the contrary, Java/JEE devs
would like to stick to existing tools that fits well in their development
process ...

We could propose a tool for each profile or find a way in the middle, but I
would love to hear your thoughts, ideas, remarks.

Regards,
Seb