[aerogear-dev] AEROGEAR-686 - Security Roadmap updates

Deepali Khushraj dkhushra at redhat.com
Tue Dec 4 13:16:20 EST 2012

Hello,

Some questions on the aerogear OTP flows:

* In scenario 1, during registration, the server generates the secret and does OTP validation. I was wondering what data is being sent to server? Asking since, I didn't see "Generate OTP" on client-side in the picture.

* Are we recommending developers to use TOTP or HOTP or both?

* How does this approach compare to Google's application-specific passwords, where OTP generation takes place outside the app?

This looks like great stuff!

Thanks!
Deepali.