[aerogear-dev] Aerogear-Controller demo with different roles / thoughs on AG-sec

Sebastien Blanc scm.blanc at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 09:36:14 EST 2012

Hi,
For Jira https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AEROGEAR-657 I've been playing and
hacking a bit, for now that's the result :

(you can log in with admin priviliges with admin/admin)
http://agcontrollerdemo-sblanc.rhcloud.com/aerogear-controller-demo<http://agcontrollerdemo-sblanc.rhcloud.com/aerogear-controller-demo/admin>

This demo show the usage of 2 different types of roles :
- Simple user can just login/register.
- Admin can register other users and see a list of registerd users.

When diving into AG-Security, here are some remarks that we can discuss on
this thread :
- The current API is very lean : login, logout, grant
- For the demo, I've added a new method getAuthenticatedUsers() but what
about adding some others methods to be able to do some CRUD action :

* getUser
* deleteUser
* updateUser

I'm also missing a method to retrieve the role of a user, so just a simple
: getRole

I've also another remark : when registering a new user, we put him by
default in a group called "default user group", maybe we want to make it a
bit more flexible by providing a group ?

Questions and remarks are welcome !

Seb