[aerogear-dev] [OTP] Mobile-OTP / OTP for .NET

Bruno Oliveira bruno at abstractj.org
Mon Dec 17 07:24:15 EST 2012

Hey my friend, welcome! Answers inline.

-
@abstractj
-
Volenti Nihil Difficile

I'm completely dumb on .net platform. Is it (https://github.com/manzke/aerogear-otp-dotnet) compatible with windows phone?

> 2:
> Due to the fact that we are using Mobile-OTP in hour company I also took some time and have implemented it.
> PoC is working.
> Pull-Request will be submitted if ready.
>

> Question: I saw that the Clock-Implementation is returning a static value for current time. So the token will be the same every time we call Totp.now().
Not really, do you have some scenario or unit test to reproduce it? The token will be the same during 30s only.

> Is it really what developers are expecting?

No, I'd appreciate if you gist the sources to reproduce it, then we can find out what's wrong.

> If I call now, I expect the time it was called not created. :)
>
> Why not just use System.currentMilliSeconds()? It is UTC. ;)
I wouldn't like to trust in Java while we're dealing with timezones. System.currentMilliSeconds also works np on changing it, if the unit tests are passing.