[aerogear-dev] [OTP] Mobile-OTP / OTP for .NET

Bruno Oliveira bruno at abstractj.org
Tue Dec 18 12:52:14 EST 2012

Sorry Daniel, but I can't see how someone can intercept your phone's camera while you're scanning the QRCode, doesn't exist any communication between the client and the server. That's the reason why QRCode exists.

Here you can check more about how it works http://aerogear.org/docs/specs/aerogear-security-otp/. IMO the idea of input a PIN, sounds more like a HOTP, because it relies in some event to happen to have a new token. Add a large delay window like 60s will expose you to the man-in-the-middle attacks, allowing to reuse your token.

-
@abstractj
-
Volenti Nihil Difficile