[aerogear-dev] [aerogear-controller] Handling SecurityProvider Exceptions/Events

Bruno Oliveira bruno at abstractj.org
Fri Nov 2 02:58:03 EDT 2012

Great gist my friend! I was wondering about another alternative more simple. Currently AeroGear security implements HttpStatusAwareException (I'll rename to HttpStatusAware and qmx is responsible for the hipster name)

public class AeroGearSecurityMeh implements HttpStatusAware {

    @Override
    public int getStatus() {
      //something here
    }

    @Override
    public String getMessage() {
      //something here
    }
}

Then in AeroGearSecurityProvider we could change the method return and do something like this:

public class AeroGearSecurityProvider implements SecurityProvider {

    @Inject
    private AeroGearPrincipal principal;

    @Override
    public AeroGearSecurityMeh isRouteAllowed(Route route) throws ServletException {

        if (!principal.hasRoles(route.getRoles())) {
            return new AeroGearSecurityMeh(1, "Geez, authentication has failed");
        }
    }
}

Wdyt? Makes sense?