[aerogear-dev] Aerogear Android Packages

Summers Pittman supittma at redhat.com
Tue Nov 20 14:26:40 EST 2012

>> I would suggest org.aerogear.android.net  (and if you move Scan et all to .reflection then .impl.core and become .impl.net)

>-1 maybe org.aerogear.android.http ?

That works better +1.

>> I don't think we should have an exception package.  1) There isn't one in the JDK and 2) it breaks the organizational connections between classes and the types of exceptions they can throw
>why not? Just because JDK doesn't have it? I can't see any problems on having org.jboss.aerogear.exception package.

Other than both being exceptions, what relationship do HttpException and PropertyNotFound exception have with each other?  It makes much more sense for them to be group with things that functionally depend on them than group with things they inherit from.  If an exception is moved to an exception package then the only other hint the user will have as to where it is used would be in method signatures in different packages or in the javadoc comments.