[aerogear-dev] [auth] 401 vs. 403

Kris Borchers kris at redhat.com
Tue Oct 2 09:14:50 EDT 2012

Ah, I see. Hmm, yeah I guess the more I think about it, 401 on auth endpoints and 403 on "Not Authorized" endpoints makes sense instead of 401. I am indifferent on the header on 401 so if we want to add it that's fine, I'll still just be checking for the 401.

My next question would be, what value would we assign to the WWW-Authenticate header for non-Basic auth?