[aerogear-dev] 0.0.3.M6 Snapshot - Security & Controller

Bruno Oliveira bruno at abstractj.org
Tue Oct 2 13:20:54 EDT 2012

Hi everyone,

Today I finally got https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AEROGEAR-437 done, which means that now we have AeroGear Controller integrated with PicketBox, Picketlink and Deltaspike. Aerogear Security is the "middle-man" responsible for deal with security frameworks and JAX-RS authorization responses, currently.

And our routes now can be role based like this https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-controller-demo/blob/master/src/main/java/org/jboss/aerogear/controller/demo/Routes.java#L44:

route()
                .from("/delorean").roles("admin")
                .on(RequestMethod.GET)
                .to(Home.class).anotherPage();

It was deployed on OpenShift: http://controller-abstractj.rhcloud.com/aerogear-controller-demo/. If you wan't to test it and file some jiras to me, just configure your application like I did at our demo https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-controller-demo/blob/master/pom.xml#L86 and go for it.

What's missing?

- HTTP authentication responses (High priority now, to handle responses to the client side)
- Better exception handling
- Expose timeout configuration
- PicketBoxLoadUser must be optional
- Role validation improvements
- Page redirection on error (Daniel have been working on it - https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AEROGEAR-426)
- Registration page
- Code refactoring as usual
- Make use of aerogear controller at our TODO app (eating our own dog food)

-
@abstractj
-
Volenti Nihil Difficile