[aerogear-dev] [roadmaps] quick review on roadmaps

Matthias Wessendorf matzew at apache.org
Tue Oct 9 07:40:05 EDT 2012

Hi,

I did a review of some roadmaps before. here are some comments about
those that I have not yet reviewed:

* Connectivity:
zero content: I filed AEROGEAR-524 (see [1]) and assigned it myself,
to start defining it. (IMO this needs to be done immediately, after M6
is out).

* Controller:
The controller roadmap lists some requirements (taken from Doug's
blog) and a few use-cases. Currently it is not listing individual
milestones and/or CRs.
See http://aerogear.org/docs/planning/1.0.0/AeroGearController/

* Persistence:
Similar to 'Connectivity' this is something that effects other
libraries. I like that it is structured into 'client' and 'server'
(same will apply to the 'Connectivity' roadmap), but it also does not
list individual milestones/CRs etc. Also some of the items (e.g. REST)
are already implemented in several AeroGear libraries. Other (e.g.
client validation) is mentioned in out roadmaps (e.g. the JS roadmap
has this item listed)

Question/Suggestion: Perhaps we spend a bit time about this roadmap in
today's meeting?

For details see http://aerogear.org/docs/planning/1.0.0/AeroGearPersistence/

* Security
Looks good, almost:
- iOS =>I need to define iOS specific things (see [2])
- android: lists OAuth - still right ?

Ah... one more thing: It talks about 'beta'. AFAIK these are
milestone(s), followed by CR, right ?

* UMBRELLA roadmap:
I guess this item is for Jay => https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AEROGEAR-521

Greetings,