[aerogear-dev] [JS Doc] feedback on the new JS-Doc

Kris Borchers kris at redhat.com
Tue Oct 9 08:29:28 EDT 2012

On Oct 9, 2012, at 2:29 AM, Matthias Wessendorf <matzew at apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Kris,
>
> overall I like the new JS doc (see [1]). Looks pretty nice! However,
> here is some feedback on the new JS API doc!
>
> * http://staging.aerogear.org/docs/specs/aerogear-js/AeroGear.html
> - add/remove/ajax: These are internal helpers/utilities, right? Not
> sure if that should be exposed…

True. I will need to think of a different way of exposing them to the other modules without making them public. That could be fine. I might have to make AeroGear more than just a namespace and have the other modules implement AeroGear rather than just extend it and put those methods on the prototype. I'll have to think on it.

> I think the 'isArray' is a bit different => I can see that some
> END-USER finds 'AeroGear.isArray(argument)' pretty useful!
> (compared to something like AeroGear.ajax(...), where you already need
> to pass in an AeroGear object)

Based on the previous point, I'll have to think on how to make that work. It could be useful but it's also a pretty standard thing in JS so not a big deal if we don't expose it as many app devs already add something like that to their apps.

True. It probably helps to have the docs inline but don't need to include them in the generated docs. I can just add @private to them and they won't be included.

> Fixed a little typo:
> https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-js/commit/3ed416af824d2b398a7db8b276ca46bf66fc2603#src/pipeline/aerogear.pipeline.js

Thanks!

> Added a PR for two very simple fixes on the JS lib:
> https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-js/pull/6

Thanks, merged.