[aerogear-dev] Prepping for Data Sync in AeroGear.js

Kris Borchers kris at redhat.com
Wed Oct 10 11:31:41 EDT 2012

Hey all,

Just wanted to let you know what I am working on right now. It is very early but Matthias loves e-mail so I thought I would throw this out there.

Basically, right now all I am doing is working on keeping track of the status of data in DataManager. Assuming a new dataSync setting is set to true, these are the things I am planning.

New record is added to store, status is set to NEW and a UUID is generated
Record is updated, status is set to MODIFIED
Record is removed, status is set to REMOVED (data is not actually removed, future will need to keep storage limits in mind)
Add a new sync method that will run through the data and sync with the server. Assumes client is data of record for now during development until we can determine a strategy for informing the client how the server tracks data status and how it should be informed that this data is being synced
This brings us back to the discussion about sending metadata to the client on first app load. That metadata could inform the client of the sync strategy

There's probably more to this but these are my original thoughts right now.

Kris