[aerogear-dev] Type in Aerogear-android

Summers Pittman supittma at redhat.com
Fri Oct 19 11:33:14 EDT 2012

So I'm poking through the Android code an I come across the Type enum.  This is the type of connection/transport/whatever (REST currently is the only one supported, but could be anything in the future) that the Pipe object communicates over.  It seems to only be ACTUALLY used in a single factory class and just passed around everywhere else.

Now with all of that said: this currently makes it very hard (conceptually I haven't tried) for third parties to add pipe types without modifying the library itself.  IE if we only support Google's cloud push tech then someone who was targetting a Kindle would have to code their own type into the aerogear library itself instead of being able to have that in a separate package.

So is this a feature or a bug?