[aerogear-dev] [aerogear-controller] RestEasy integration

Daniel Bevenius daniel.bevenius at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 09:25:09 EDT 2012

> Do you have something in mind for HTTP responses?
At the moment, the only support for responses is taking what is
returned from the target method, and depending on what the value of
'produces' is and what the client requested, that type will be
returned.
This is what one of the RESTful routes looks like in aerogear-controller-demo:
route()
         .from("/hello2")
         .consumes("*/*")
         .on(RequestMethod.GET)
         .produces("application/json")
         .to(HelloRest.class).hello(queryParam(String.class,
"firstname"), queryParam(String.class, "lastname"));

So, this produces a JSON response and RestEasy will to this mapping:
curl -i  "http://localhost:8080/aerogear-controller-demo/hello2?firstname=Daniel&lastname=Bevenius"
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 13:19:15 GMT

{"msg":"Hello Daniel Bevenius"}

We can certainly add other things and if you let me know what you'd
like to see I'll take a stab at it.
Perhaps we could have something like this:
route()
         .from("/hello2")
         .consumes("*/*")
         .on(RequestMethod.GET)
         .produces("application/json")
         .response(statusCodeMethodName(msg))
         .to(HelloRest.class).hello(queryParam(String.class,
"firstname"), queryParam(String.class, "lastname"));

What do you think?