[aerogear-dev] Big picture questions around the PipeManager and the DatastoreManager

Sebastien Blanc scm.blanc at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 08:56:45 EDT 2012

Hi all !
I was looking at the all different documentation pages and FAQ,  and some
questions and ideas araise :

1)  A PipeManager can contains 'n' pipes, is there any plan to be able to
chain pipes together (i.e : "localPipe -> restPipe") ? Even nicer, would it
be possible to make conditional the pipe "route" (i.e ; "no connection then
use the localPipe" etc ...)

2)  The dataStore concept is clear but are there any plans to create some
sort of association (one-to-one, one-to-many, etc ...) between a pipe and a
datastore instance ?

3)  One idea should be that a pipe produce events ("entering pipe","exiting
pipe", with some useful callback  data) and then any other component should
be able to register to the pipe's events, same could be implemented for the
other components (datastore events , security events) ...

The main idea is how we will consolidate all this different
components together (pipe and datamanager mainly) onces we will have to
deal with data sync for example.

I'm just throwing some ideas after a brainstorming with myself ;-) but
please share your comments on this !

Best Regards,
Seb