[aerogear-dev] Query/Paging Brainstorm

Matthias Wessendorf matzew at apache.org
Tue Oct 30 17:53:44 EDT 2012

Hello!

On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 10:44 PM, Douglas Campos <qmx at qmx.me> wrote:
> Howdy!
>
> As we discussed on our team meeting today, having basic query and pagination support would be cool.
>
> Here are some suggestions, gathered from previous conversations around the topic, and from some BaaS providers in the wild.
>
> Paging:
>
> 1) /cars/?limit=10&offset=3
> 2) /cars/?limit=10&skip=3
>
> Query:
>
> 1) /cars/query?color=blue
> 2) /cars/?query={"color":"red", "owner":"summers"}
> 3) /cars/?where={"brand":"BMW"}
> 4) /cars/?query={"engine":{"cylinders": 8}}
> 5) /cars/?query={"engine":{"cylinders":{"$gt":6}}}
>
> This is not set into stone, just ideas,

I guess it's a matter of agreeing :) the main work is on the "ag
server component".

Question.... do we want to keep it flexible? E.g. if AG clients are
used for a backend that does not use "limit" for the pagination?
(I guess kinda similar to what we have on the endpoints, where you can
override the default)

> and I do think that anything above exact matches should go after 1.0

fine w/ me

-M