[aerogear-dev] [license headers] Applying the license to new software

Pete Muir pmuir at redhat.com
Thu Sep 20 08:12:48 EDT 2012

The advice from Red Hat legal is that whilst it's nice to have headers on every file, including build scripts, POMs etc. it's not a requirement, as long as you have a LICENSE.txt somewhere.

I think it makes sense to either have them, or not, and typically JBoss projects do have them. Ironically, I'm one of the worst culprits at not putting them on!