[aerogear-dev] [aerogear-android-todo]

Jay Balunas jbalunas at redhat.com
Fri Sep 21 08:08:42 EDT 2012

On Sep 20, 2012, at 10:16 PM, Glen Daniels wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> I figured that the Android stuff is sufficiently "prototypish" at this
> phase that it wasn't hugely important to keep the history, which is why
> I didn't merge over from
> https://github.com/gdaniels/android-data/tree/master/android.  If we'd
> rather have all the individual commits, I can do that (and if so,
> merging an entire repo's commits into another one isn't something I've
> done before, so I'd love pointers).

It is vitally important to keep history, especially when multiple contributors are involved.  If its you own prototype and no-one else is involved squash as you wish, but otherwise it's needed.

That said - we don't need every single commit ;-) Take a look at http://staging-aerogear.rhcloud.com/docs/guides/GitHubWorkflow/ for scoping/squashing commits.