[aerogear-dev] Scaffolding questions

Sebastien Blanc scm.blanc at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 09:41:02 EDT 2013

On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 3:30 PM, Matthias Wessendorf <matzew at apache.org>wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> I really like the work on AG Scaffolding!
>

> A few questions:
>
> 1) Is this available on an 'official' page ?
> https://gist.github.com/sebastienblanc/5222680

Not yet, I think we must find a place for it on aerogear.org, suggestions
alre welcome !

> 2) The generated JS controllers are Angular 'controllers' that use
> AeroGear for HTTP communication ?

Amgular's controllers uses the Aerogear generated DataService JS file
(which contains/defines  the pipes/datastore)

> 3) The generated Java/REST Endpoints are vanilla JAX-RS endpoints, but the
> AG Controller (Routes) does the actual
> HTTP routing, not the JAX-RS impl. right ?

Right, the "ag controller" scaffolding branch scaffolds a Controller Route
and "by pass" the JAX-RS endpoints generated by the REST forge plugin.

> So... if 3) the above is right....
>
> 3a)  is it basically a dispatch ?

It's AG Controller magic, just drop the jar and defines a route, any
matches will use the Route defined in the controller.

> 3b) what is the benefit of using the Controler/Routes in this example.

* Show the basic use of the Controller / Promote our own stuff
* IMO Controller has a fluent API which make it really a breeze to define
REST endpoints,
* When Security scaffold will be released (soon ! soon!) ,it will be easy
to integrate into the Routes and again show the power of the controller.
* In the future, show how we can easily connect to other services (Dan's
Camel samples)

> Thanks

Thanks for the feedback