[aerogear-dev] Convention when passing baseURL, endpoints, id, resources ...

Douglas Campos qmx at qmx.me
Sat Apr 13 00:57:15 EDT 2013

On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 12:14:48PM +0200, Sebastien Blanc wrote:
> If the user passes  a leading or ending ``` / ```, the library will removed
> it because it will be added implicitly. This way we are safe.
I just can't see this with good eyes, since we're mangling the user
input - from a strict URI spec view with or without slash at the end
means different URIs, with different interpretations (yeah, this sucks)

Principle of least surprise?

That said, I strongly agree that we should stick to some convention (of putting or
not putting those slashes and be consistent with it).

Consistency is king(TM)

--
qmx