[aerogear-dev] aerogear site restyle

Corinne Krych corinnekrych at gmail.com
Fri Aug 2 04:59:19 EDT 2013

Hi Hylke!

I've answered your comets below.

Taking the latest code in my branch:
https://github.com/corinnekrych/aerogear.org/tree/AEROGEAR-1285

I've also proposed a solution to make the footer much smaller. I used images. But, I like to have your designer view on that.

By tonight i hope to have a general feeling for the all site. Stay tune.

Thanks!
++
Corinne

On Aug 2, 2013, at 10:39 AM, Hylke Bons <hbons at redhat.com> wrote:

> Thanks so much for looking into this Corrine!
>
> I just had a look at the OpenShift instance. It looks good to me responsiveness-wise. I like the menu behaviour.
>
> There are still some minor style issues. If you still have time to look into this that would be great,
> otherwise I can take a look at these be fore we launch the new style:
>
> - Logo is centred on the page, it looks more balanced having it stick to the left.

Funny, personally and specially on phone I found centred logo looks more balance. i remember seeing Passos's comments on this. He actually wanted it centred too. But I guess it's a mater of taste. I can change. let's see others comments.

> - The menu icon is a bit hard to see (I've attached a quick svg with a colour change, would be nice if we could use that and have it not change shape)

I changed the icon with a unicode (triple bar) much easier to see. Pushed all that to my branch.

> - The news headline ("AG 1.0 is out!") is sticking to the right of the page, it would be better if it kept to the right, but still in the middle of the page for large screen setups
> - The platform icons seem to shift a pixel when you hover them

nice catch will fix that. it gives a bad flickering effect indeed.

> - There's no page padding when scaling down, this makes the text paragraphs harder to read, because they touch the screen edge
> - Some padding/spacing issue all-round. This is probably because everything was rebased on Boilerplate.

I am actually working on all the other pages. my initial focus was home page.

> I'll try to get a local instance running again and help out with these things.

+ 10001
Together we'll have much power, thanks!