[aerogear-dev] [AG-SEC] HttpExceptionMapper and CORS

Sebastien Blanc scm.blanc at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 11:58:03 EDT 2013

Hi,

I realized that the HttpExceptionMapper[1]  provided by ag-sec do not work
well in a CORS environment when returning a 401 response to the client.

Dan has found the fix by adding CORS headers in the HttpExceptionMapper, we
implemented that in a custom class[2] .

My question is, could we update the HttpExceptionMapper in ag-sec with
these extra headers or does that expose any side effects/risks ?

Or Should we provide just the CORS HttpExceptionMapper variant in ag-sec
based on [2] and document that ?

A JIRA [3] has been created to track this.

Seb

[1]
https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-security/blob/master/src/main/java/org/jboss/aerogear/security/exception/HttpExceptionMapper.java

[2]