[aerogear-dev] [SimplePush] pushEndpoint

Daniel Bevenius daniel.bevenius at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 03:53:37 EDT 2013

Hi all!

Yesterday Kris pointed out that we are not following the SimplePush Spec[1]
when it comes to the 'pushEndpoint' that is returned when registering a
channel. The spec shows that an absolute URL is returned but we are
returning a relative URL.

For the AeroGear SimplePush Server this is being address by AGPUSH-261[2],
and an instance that returns absolute URL is available at
http://endpointurldns-dbevenius.rhcloud.com:8000/simplepush.

This change will affect the JavaScript client, the UnifiedPush Server, the
Admin UI and possibly QE integration tests.

I won't go into all the changes for the components listed above as others
can provide more accurate information about them if needed. Just wanted to
give a heads up to all about this.

/Dan

[1]
https://wiki.mozilla.org/WebAPI/SimplePush/Protocol#PushServer_-.3E_UserAgent_2