[aerogear-dev] How should unified push clients handle HTTP 302?

Corinne Krych corinnekrych at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 05:09:42 EDT 2013

Hello

It actually reminds me the work done in 3musket33rs project when implementing Cordova plugin for EventSource support on Android [1].

According to EventSource spec [2], search for "Event stream requests can be redirected using HTTP 301 and 307 redirects as with normal HTTP requests. Clients will reconnect if the connection is closed; a client can be told to stop reconnecting using the HTTP 204 No Content response code."

Could be a way to deal with it.
As Matthias suggested let's follow on JIRA ticket.

Cheers
Corinne

[1] https://github.com/3musket33rs/BrowserPush/blob/master/src/android/org/threemusketeers/eventsource/EventSourceHandshaker.java#L43
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/eventsource/