[aerogear-dev] Release Status

Karel Piwko kpiwko at redhat.com
Thu Aug 15 06:09:06 EDT 2013

On Wed, 14 Aug 2013 07:54:48 -0500
Kris Borchers <kris at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Aug 14, 2013, at 7:45 AM, Kris Borchers <kris at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > Wow, This is a very thorough set of tests! I would definitely like to
> > integrate them into our integration test suite (either replacing or
> > augmenting the current pipeline tests) but that will take some work. If you
> > look at that repo, all of the servers are cloned/downloaded, built and
> > started on the fly to keep those binaries out of the repo. This is to allow
> > all of these tests to be fired up on Travis so the same would need to
> > happen for these tests. It might be easier, and faster, to just set up a
> > quick node.js server that can handle CORS which is actually quite simple,
> > and give it some static JSON to serve up.
>
> And just to clarify here after rereading, I was not suggestion node.js is a
> faster server, I was suggesting it would be faster to stand up an express
> server than to download and stand up an instance of AS/Wildfly, then build
> the app and deploy it. Just wanted to clear that statement up before getting
> into the node.js vs. Java debate. :D

Got the point. If we had tool to start node.js, run
QUnit in a real browser - don't believe HtmlUnit here, and properly dispose
everything afterwards, it should be possible. We (Tadeas particularly) are now
working with Grunt.js, which might be the tool.

I'd rather like to have requirements debate first, instead of falling into
implementation discussions :-D