[aerogear-dev] Release Status

Apostolos Emmanouilidis aemmanou at redhat.com
Fri Aug 16 06:55:20 EDT 2013

On Wed, 2013-08-14 at 07:45 -0500, Kris Borchers wrote:

>         Wow, This is a very thorough set of tests! I would definitely
>         like to integrate them into our integration test suite (either
>         replacing or augmenting the current pipeline tests) but that
>         will take some work. If you look at that repo, all of the
>         servers are cloned/downloaded, built and started on the fly to
>         keep those binaries out of the repo. This is to allow all of
>         these tests to be fired up on Travis so the same would need to
>         happen for these tests. It might be easier, and faster, to
>         just set up a quick node.js server that can handle CORS which
>         is actually quite simple, and give it some static JSON to
>         serve up.

I'll definitely check this repo and see how you have setup the
environment and the test suites. The biggest problem I faced when
writing the CORS/JSONP tests was that some paging tests were failing on
Phantom JS. The next step was to use the Arquillian QUnit [1] extension.
It automates the QUnit JavaScript testing and integrates with JUnit,
therefore it can be easily used in continuous integration environments.
As described in the README file [2], I had to use X Virtual Framebuffer
and install a new version of Mozilla Firefox on Travis CI machines
(using teh addons Travis command) in order to make the QUnit paging
tests to pass.

[1]: https://github.com/arquillian/arquillian-extension-qunit
[2]:
https://github.com/tolis-e/aerogear-js-cors-jsonp-tests/blob/master/README.md

>         One other note is that this line [1] should not be necessary.
>         Luke and I have a task for after the release to take a day and
>         clean up all of our tests so that order does not matter and no
>         tests rely on previous tests. If the tests are written that
>         way, that line is not needed.

+1 QUnit explicit reorder deactivation should not be required. I have
removed it [3]

[3]:
https://github.com/tolis-e/aerogear-js-cors-jsonp-tests/blob/master/aerogear-js-qunit-cors-jsonp-tests/src/main/webapp/assets/js/test/pipeline-rest-cors-jsonp-tests.js

>         After the release, I would be more than happy to help with
>         this or meet with you guys if you have questions or
>         suggestions on making that entire suite better. Just let me
>         know.

Sure :)