[aerogear-dev] how about this API for sync?

Erik Jan de Wit edewit at redhat.com
Tue Dec 10 04:32:29 EST 2013

> Yes, let's keep it simple for now. So, here in this situation the server just report the conflict, right ? He does not take action on the conflict itself. Do we state here that the client will always be responsible in  resolving the conflict ?

+1 for keeping it simple, right the server will report a conflict and the user will in the most simple scenario decide which change to keep. That is why I introduced this ConflictHandler so the developer can present these conflicts to the user.

> In your first message, you define a ConflictHandler interface, do we also want to provide some implementations of the ConflictHandler that covers most of the use cases ?

Sure we could have a default implementation that just takes the newest as the new version, but we should keep other version as well.