[aerogear-dev] how about this API for sync?

Lucas Holmquist lholmqui at redhat.com
Wed Dec 11 10:33:42 EST 2013

wanted to dump some thoughts i was having
Client Side Perspective

let me try to dump some of the client side thoughts i have, which will probably be more javascript centric

i see data sync as keeping DataManager stores in sync with the server side

not sure if it makes sense without it?

I can see using Notifier using sockJS connecting to a netty server(?) to do the "real-time" updates

Sync should be plugable, so an existing REST application using DataManager can just add it in or turn it off easily

the sync should have some events that the user can "listen" for, to deal with conflict/changes and such

there is another type of sync that i'm also thinking off.

Since Pipeline and Datamanager are not tied to each other, do we want to think about the possiblity of "syncing" them. that is when i do a read currently on a pipe, i have to manually store the data, should that be automatic, this used to happen in the way begining of pipeline, but we removed it since we wanted to keep it modular