[aerogear-dev] Removing Auth dependency from Pipeline

Kris Borchers kris at redhat.com
Mon Feb 11 10:15:29 EST 2013

In https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AEROGEAR-858, I propose a change to the APIs of both Pipeline and Auth when creating new pipes or auth modules. What this change does is change the dependency from Pipeline depending on Auth to only the Auth rest adapter depending on Pipeline. So what does this get us?

A narrower dependency between Auth and Pipeline
Removal of AeroGear.ajax and instead build directly on top of jQuery.ajax which in turn gives us a much smaller file size (important for JS)

I would appreciate other thoughts on this. There are some issues with my current PR (https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-js/pull/21) but I think I have solutions so once I update that PR I would appreciate feedback on that as well.

Thanks!