[aerogear-dev] [ag-controller] PaginationStrategy

Bruno Oliveira bruno at abstractj.org
Fri Feb 22 04:07:16 EST 2013

Hi Dan!

+1 for
> Extend AbstractPaginationStrategy
> Implement PaginationStrategy

I'm just not sure about the producers, it looks like too much.

-
@abstractj
-
Volenti Nihil Difficile

On Tuesday, February 19, 2013 at 10:51 AM, Daniel Bevenius wrote:

> For AEROGEAR-863 "Make PagingStrategy pluggable" the following suggestion is being proposed:
>
> Custom PaginationStrategy
>
> This section describes how a custom pagination strategy can be implemented in AeroGear Controller.
> Depending on if you need a completely different strategy, or if you simply want to change/add/rename the returned HTTP response headers, you have two options:
>
> Extend AbstractPaginationStrategy
> Implement PaginationStrategy
> Extend AbstractPaginationStrategy
>
> You would extend AbstractPaginationStrategy if you simply want to change/add/rename the returned HTTP response headers.
>
> Example of extending AbstractPaginationStrategy:
> public class MyStrategy extends AbstractPaginationStrategy { @Override public void setResponseHeaders(PaginationMetadata md, HttpServletResponse response, int resultSize) { for (Entry<String, String> entry : md.getHeaders(resultSize).entrySet()) { response.setHeader(entry.getKey(), entry.getValue()); } } }
>

> This implementation actually does exactly what the default implementation does. But you can of course modify this to suite your own requirements. You have access to all the metadata (http://aerogear.org/docs/specs/aerogear-controller/org/jboss/aerogear/controller/router/rest/pagination/PagingMetadata.html) for the pagination, like the raw links (http://aerogear.org/docs/specs/aerogear-controller/org/jboss/aerogear/controller/router/rest/pagination/Links.html) etc, so you could assemble headers in any way you see fit.
>
> Implement PaginationStrategy
>
> This will give you more control over the pagination strategy. The interface you have to implement looks like this:
>
> /** * A strategy for implementing pagination in AeroGear Controller. */ public interface PaginationStrategy { /** * Creates a PaginationInfo instance. * How this information is gathered, be it from an Annotation on the target * endpoint method, or by using separate request parameters is up to the * concrete implementation. * * @param routeContext the {@link RouteContext} of the route being processed. * @param arguments the extracted arguments from the current request. * @return {@link PaginationInfo} the information requred for paging. */ PaginationInfo createPaginationInfo(RouteContext routeContext, Map<String, Object> arguments); /** * Called before the target endpoint method has been invoked and enables a * concrete strategy to manipulate the arguments that will be passed to * the target endpoint method. * * @param pagingInfo the {@link PaginationInfo} instance created by * this strategy. * @param arguments the extracted arguments from the current request. * * @return {@code Obj
ect[]} the arguments that will be passed to the target * endpoint method. */ Object[] preInvocation(PaginationInfo pagingInfo, Map<String, Object> arguments); /** * Called after the target endpoint method has been invoked and * allows the strategy to set HTTP Response headers. * * @param result the result returned from the target endpoint method. * @param routeContext the {@link RouteContext}. * @param pagingInfo the {@link PaginationInfo} instance created by this strategy. * * @return {@code Object} Either the unchanged result or a modified result * depending on the underlying implementation. */ Object postInvocation(Object result, RouteContext routeContext, PaginationInfo pagingInfo); }