[aerogear-dev] [iOS] Datamanager / AGStore

Kris Borchers kris at redhat.com
Mon Feb 25 08:15:20 EST 2013

On Feb 24, 2013, at 1:07 AM, Douglas Campos <qmx at qmx.me> wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 11:25:33AM -0600, Kris Borchers wrote:
>> At the same time, I am leery of leaving it in if iOS and Android don't
>> have something similar since this feature was not thoroughly
>> discussed. I would hate to leave this in, only to have to deprecate it
>> in a later release for something that we decide works better for all
>> libs.
> How do you feel about node.js stability indication on APIs? Perhaps we
> could borrow some inspiration there (and this filter API would be
> experimental then)

So I like this idea in theory. I have a couple of concerns.
We're talking about a specific method here which is a pretty detailed place to mark something experimental. At the same time, I wouldn't want to mark all of DataManager as experimental just because of one method.
Related to #1, we would then have to go through and give a stability rating to every method of every piece of AeroGear and maintain that for every new feature, method, etc.
We would need to document our index somewhere similar to http://nodejs.org/api/documentation.html#documentation_stability_index