[aerogear-dev] [iOS] Datamanager / AGStore

Matthias Wessendorf matzew at apache.org
Mon Feb 25 08:21:00 EST 2013

On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 2:15 PM, Kris Borchers <kris at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Feb 24, 2013, at 1:07 AM, Douglas Campos <qmx at qmx.me> wrote:
>
> On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 11:25:33AM -0600, Kris Borchers wrote:
>
> At the same time, I am leery of leaving it in if iOS and Android don't
> have something similar since this feature was not thoroughly
> discussed. I would hate to leave this in, only to have to deprecate it
> in a later release for something that we decide works better for all
> libs.
>
> How do you feel about node.js stability indication on APIs? Perhaps we
> could borrow some inspiration there (and this filter API would be
> experimental then)
>

> So I like this idea in theory. I have a couple of concerns.
>
>    1. We're talking about a specific method here which is a pretty
>    detailed place to mark something experimental. At the same time, I wouldn't
>    want to mark all of DataManager as experimental just because of one method.

I agree, just that particular method :)

2) Related to #1, we would then have to go through and give a stability
rating to every method of every piece of AeroGear and maintain that for
every new feature, method, etc.
3) We would need to document our index somewhere similar to
http://nodejs.org/api/documentation.html#documentation_stability_index

that would be nice, but having a doc on that particular function/method
could be fine, for now...