[aerogear-dev] [AeroGear-Notifier] Client API

Kris Borchers kris at redhat.com
Tue Feb 26 08:37:14 EST 2013

On Feb 26, 2013, at 7:34 AM, Matthias Wessendorf <matzew at apache.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 2:24 PM, Kris Borchers <kris at redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Feb 26, 2013, at 6:56 AM, Kris Borchers <kris at redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>>> These are all good thoughts. I was basically just implementing this far enough to get your example working so there is still a lot missing. Other comments in line.

>>> There is one. I could have set it up with autoConnect: false and then explicitly called connect() when I was ready.

>>> There will be this feature I just haven't gotten that far yet. I was thinking by adding/removing channels from the client, that would subscribe/unsubscribe them.

>>> Same as above. This will come (if there is a method for catching those errors).

>>> This is where I'll need your help since I don't know those details so I will try to find a way to generalize additional parameters.
>>
>> Actually, looking at this more, this callback is triggered by the underlying library (vert.x) so I think have that specific param here is ok because they know they are using the vert.x adapter. I think we would just need to document the parameters for this callback in our docs.
>
> not sure I like that; I think - to have some more abstractness -
> chaining them is better:
>
> So that ours just really needs the 'message' and we can (if we want)
> ignore the replyTo…

I guess my point is that the replyTo is not in our library, that was just in the example implementation. If the user left it out, then it would still work. I don't think I would be a fan of documenting the callback as only receiving a message parameter and ignoring the replyTo since someone specifically using the vertx adapter may expect that to be available.