[aerogear-dev] [AeroGear-Notifier] Client API

Matthias Wessendorf matzew at apache.org
Tue Feb 26 08:56:30 EST 2013

> we have no control over what the underlying library passes to the callback. I guess we could write some intermediary process that intercepts the callback and reformats it to just provide a message but I
> feel like that would limit people that want access to those other parameters that the library for which we provide an "adapter" is providing.

I think the real problem is this, having different impls:
vert.x ->         subscribe("channel", function(msg, replyTo));
stomp.js ->    subscribe("channel", function(msg));

but how to 'hide' behind a unified API ?

a) ignoring 'un common' args (e.g. the replyTo, on vertx)
b) having different subscribes -> ugly API

Or am I not seeing something, obvious, specific to JS ?