[aerogear-dev] [Android] Android project structure for final

Summers Pittman supittma at redhat.com
Thu Feb 28 18:07:18 EST 2013

I would like to turn the Android maven project into three separate projects.

aerogear-android: The core library with everything you need to get going
on modern (4.0+) Android devices

aerogear-android-support: Library shims for older (Android 2.3)
devices.  This project will also require the android-support-library.

aerogear-android-tests: This will house all of the Aerogear tests for
Android.  Currently we use Robolectric for testing, but it doesn't
accurately support some things (Android threading comes to mind) and
doesn't support others at all (Loaders).  A solution is to use a project
which runs the tests on a emulator/device.  This can also be the
integration test project which we want to make anyway.

wdyt?

Summers