[aerogear-dev] Client Paging Strawman

Matthias Wessendorf matzew at apache.org
Wed Jan 16 09:18:50 EST 2013

On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 3:13 PM, Sebastien Blanc <scm.blanc at gmail.com>wrote:

> I agreed on not interrupt the workflow (although if exception are meant to
> be handelt in order to maintain the flow under some conditions).
> HTTP 204 is a good option but is maybe more an impl details ? Because, in
> the future, when we will have offline/native paging, http status won't make
> a lot of sense, no ?

well, the server (for pipe based paging) would sent the 204 - I like that
idea. The client would use that, to "indicate" -> no data
(it COULD throw an execption (or invoke the failure callback (Android/iOS).

Offline, yeah - 204 makes no sense there, but the underlying storage would
indicate differently, there is no "previous", and the "offline paging"
could trhow an exception (or invoke a failure callback)

-M