[aerogear-dev] Client Paging Strawman

Kris Borchers kborcher at redhat.com
Wed Jan 16 16:43:28 EST 2013

-----Original Message-----
From: qmx at qmx.me
Subject: Re: [aerogear-dev] Client Paging Strawman

On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 03:29:13PM -0600, Kris Borchers wrote:
> Maybe this is a server implementation thing or maybe a non-issue and I'm just being dense but how would I get the last page as soon as my app loads without doing two read() requests? I can get the first page by just adding a firstPage (just and example name) config param to my paged pipe but I have no idea what the last page would be at that point. Thoughts?

One thing that we need to keep in mind (and one of the reasons I've been avoiding putting first and last) is that sometimes the server isn't that efficient on returning the size of the target collection - or you can even get an API that paginates in an "endless" fashion. That said, I would avoid trying to put shorthands to the last page.

Agreed. Also, I would say if we're leaving out last we should leave out first.

-- qmx