[aerogear-dev] Client Paging Strawman

Christos Vasilakis cvasilak at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 05:07:26 EST 2013

-"send again corrected with the link to android spec"-

Hi,

continue on with what Summers said about the "scrollingMetaDataLocation" in iOS[1]  I have a question.

I believe these are the parameters that can override the behaviour for paging (taken by the JS gist here [2]):

a) "scrollingMetaDataLocation(iOS)  or paged(js)  // "headers" or "content" to describe where to find the paging metadata,

b) "offset": {String} // override the name of the "offset" param either in the header or in the content, default is "AG-Paging-Offset" for header and "paging.offset" for content

c) "limit": {String} // override the name of the "limit" param either in the header or in the content, default is "AG-Paging-Limit" for header and "paging.limit" for content

d)"total":{String} // override the name of the "total" param either in the header or in the content, default is "AG-Paging-Total" for header and "paging.total" for content

e)"next":{String} // override the name for the "next" link either in the header or in the content.   Default is undefined

f) "prev":{String} // override the name for the "prev" link either in the header or in the content.   Default is undefined

So, as Summers said, I believe all these params must be set upfront, instead of passing the possible overridable params when we create a readWithFilter. That is, it is fine when we do the first "readWithFilter", but it will become cumbersome when afterwards need to change the limit offset param and we need to pass along again these params.

So my question, where should we add these config parameters? In a separate object (e.g. PageConfig) that will hold these params and then be set on the PipesConfig object  during the creation of the pipe?

I believe that is what JS does now. On android[3] I see that these parameters were added in the existing PipesConfig object

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Christos

[1] https://gist.github.com/cbff741b3b21a50c3b67