[aerogear-dev] Client Paging Spec: Question on the ''pagingLocation" configuration

Kris Borchers kris at redhat.com
Wed Jan 23 08:12:38 EST 2013

On Jan 23, 2013, at 5:23 AM, Matthias Wessendorf <matzew at apache.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> reading the [spec]:
> ```
> pagingLocation: String, indicate whether paging information is sent as
> query parameters (default), or on the request header.
> ```
> 1)
> I think we need one more config setting, to say under what specific
> header the server is expecting the "query information".
>
> Like:
> httpRequest.addHeader("My-Awful-Query", someValue);
> // where the "My-Awful-Query" is replaced by the actual header key

I haven't gotten this far but sounds like it would be an issue. What about, dare I say, another provider? The reason I suggest this is what if they want each param in a different header? I have honestly never seen information like this sent as headers so it's all strange to me.

> 2)
> Name suggestions:
> -queryHeaderIdentifier
> -queryHeaderName
> -queryHeader
>
> 3)
> Perhaps a minor thing... but I think I don't like the 'pagingLocation'
> name... if you just read that name, it is NOT (for me) clear
> that this drives if the query strings is sent as a)header value or
> b)appended as http query.

What about something like pagingTransport or parameterTransport or pagingVehicle or something like that?