[aerogear-dev] Registering an Android Variant Fails

Tommy McCarthy tomccart at redhat.com
Tue Jul 9 14:11:45 EDT 2013

Hey everyone,

I've run into a slight issue when trying to register an Android variant. I keep getting a 404 response instead of the variant ID, secret, etc. I'm not sure if the configuration has changed since the latest readme in aerogear-unified-push-server.

On the third curl command to register the Android variant:
curl -v -b cookies.txt -c cookies.txt
  -v -H "Accept: application/json" -H "Content-type: application/json"
  -X POST
  -d '{"googleKey" : "IDDASDASDSA"}'

  http://localhost:8080/ag-push/rest/applications/{PUSH_ID}/android

I get back a 404. I've tried this on my OpenShift instance and a local instance as well, with no avail. Every other command so far has worked (login, register app)

Also, I'm using the latest version of the unified push server from a clone today.

Any suggestions? I think I've covered all my bases so far!
Tommy Mccarthy