[aerogear-dev] Integration test execution policy on Aerogear

Karel Piwko kpiwko at redhat.com
Tue Jul 16 03:45:59 EDT 2013

On Mon, 15 Jul 2013 09:46:25 -0400
Summers Pittman <supittma at redhat.com> wrote:

> > 4/ Something else?
> This is kinda similar problem in AG-Android.  We have two sets of
> tests.  One is a Robolectric powered "unit" test suite which doesn't
> need anything other than Java SE running.  The second is an integration
> test suite which requires an appropriately named AVD running and runs
> the tests on the device.
>
> So my something else may be a separate integration test suite project
> which downloads internet - porn and runs the tests in a container.  Of
> course this adds to the project soup under AeroGear already.

This will work for blackbox integration tests. However, we have also whitebox
integration tests - e.g. we deploy only a few EJB/CDI beans that are part of the
implementation and see how they interact together. And such tests are hard
to keep in separate repo, as they'd get broken every refactoring and would need
awkward classpath setup.

I went such way in the past to add integration test to a project we had no
control of and it was a maintenance nightmare.