[aerogear-dev] Idea: Create OpenShift cartridge for AGJS testing during tests

Karel Piwko kpiwko at redhat.com
Tue Jul 16 04:06:31 EDT 2013

On Mon, 15 Jul 2013 12:50:35 -0500
Kris Borchers <kris at redhat.com> wrote:

> Again, I don't want to wait on that long deploy process during a build. We
> should not have to work around this. It should just work. If I have an app on
> OpenShift, I should be able to test against it.

Yes, the long deploy should be a part of CI only. AIUI, this is not a
workaround. OS app will get idle sooner or later no matter the time limit.

> The problem though is I want the integration tests to run on every build,
> whether it's local or inTravis. I don't want to manage two separate processes
> for that so I need this to work without an OS deployment for every build no
> matter where it's at.

I don't see two processes here. My understanding is that you prepare the backend
on OS and run integration tests while running locally. What I'm proposing is to
prepare the backend on OS as a part of CI as well.

And you can surely run this as a part of before_script in Travis. All you need
is a backend to be on GH, encrypted SSH key to access OS in Travis and a
simple scp script.