[aerogear-dev] AeroGear Security 1.2.0 staged

Karel Piwko kpiwko at redhat.com
Tue Jul 16 06:29:33 EDT 2013

Hi Bruno, Matthias,

here are my findings w.r.t. CDI/Hawk related problem (AGSEC-81):

According to CDI spec, HawkAuthenticatorFilter requires HawkServlet and
HawkCredentialsProvider beans to have producers during deployment time checks.
This means that any user willing to use aerogear-security will need to define
@Producers no matter whether he's willing to use Hawk.

Proposal: Make Hawk standalone module, not a part of aerogear-security. Users
willing to use hawk will need to put it into pom.xml and set @Produces methods.

Karel