[aerogear-dev] To Groovy or not to Groovy in integration tests

Matthias Wessendorf matzew at apache.org
Tue Jul 16 11:26:54 EDT 2013

On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 5:18 PM, Douglas Campos <qmx at qmx.me> wrote:

> Thanks Karel for the well balanced email.
>
> This discussion will never reach an agreement,

yes

> because it's a biased
> discussion, and we do have personal preferences involved - I for one
> can't stand Groovy.
>
> And that's the reason I strongly advocate for keeping it to Java - this
> is a Groovy vs Java, while it should've been X vs Java - Scala specs2,
> RSpec (via JRuby), Jasmine or Mocha (via DynJS or Rhino) - Heck, even
> Clojure would be easier to work than Java.

"easier" is also personal taste (I can't read the encrypted nature of
Clojure) :-)

> Unless we have a broad discussion over all those languages (which
> honestly I don't think we have time for that) we should stick to the
> lowest common denominator, which is (unfortunately) Java.

This is also true.

I guess, not sure, it would make sense to "focus" or concentrate on Java,
for now ?

I am not really sure, what's the "best" (ha ha) option on this.    However,
I think we do need a decision here...