[aerogear-dev] BroadcastMessage error

Corinne Krych corinnekrych at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 18:37:09 EDT 2013

Hello all,

Doing some testing on AeroDoc iOS client demo, I noticed that AeroDoc fails
to broadcast when lead has been accepted. Stack trace is:
org.jboss.aerogear.connectivity.rest.sender.PushNotificationSenderEndpoint.broadcast(java.util.Map,javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest):
javax.ejb.EJBException: java.lang.ClassCastException:
java.util.LinkedHashMap cannot be cast to java.lang.String

The root of the error is the String cast here:
https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-unified-push-server/blob/master/src/main/java/org/jboss/aerogear/connectivity/service/sender/message/BroadcastMessage.java#L52

whereas in AeroDoc backend we feed a Map:
https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-push-quickstart-backend/blob/master/src/main/java/org/jboss/aerogear/aerodoc/service/LeadSender.java#L63

Which one is wrong?
Not sure the cast into string is wright.
I've open an iOS JIRA at first thinking this was a client issue
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AGIOS-49#comment-12792805

++
Corinne