[aerogear-dev] Progress on Unified Push Server UI

Hylke Bons hbons at redhat.com
Mon Jun 3 11:31:18 EDT 2013

Hey everyone,

Here's my initial version of the AeroGeer Unified Push Server Admin UI:
https://raw.github.com/hbons/aerogear-design/master/aerogear_unified_push_server_admin_ui.png

This work is based off of the features/usecases and lexicon described in
http://aerogear.org/docs/specs/aerogear-server-push/ and Matthias's
earlier wireframes.

Features:

  * Developer can register a |Push Application|
  * Developer can add a |Mobile Variant| for different operation systems
  * Developer can remove a |Mobile Variant|
  * Developer can remove |Push Application|

Currently Missing features (these will be added in the next iteration):

  * Enroll |Developer|
  * Remove |Developer|
  * |Developer| can disable Push Notifications to selected |Mobile
    Variant Instances|
  * |Developer| sends /Push Notification Messages/

Potentially controversial changes:

   - Using "(Hybrid Web)" as a variant name instead of "SimplePush".
Matthias and I already had a short exchange here on the mailing list
about this change, hopefully the way this is used in these wireframes
will shed some light on why I think this is a better choice.
   - Checkboxes instead of a list box for variants. Since there are only
a few variant types, we don't need a full fledged list, and we can
simply use some checkboxes to toggle variants.

Let me know if you have any comments or questions!
Sources can be found in https://github.com/hbons/aerogear-design.

Looking forward to your feedback,

Hylke