[aerogear-dev] Progress on Unified Push Server UI

Kris Borchers kris at redhat.com
Mon Jun 3 13:41:55 EDT 2013

Oops. I had this response sitting here and I never sent it. I agree with Dan though.

On Jun 3, 2013, at 10:31 AM, Hylke Bons <hbons at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hey everyone,
>
> Here's my initial version of the AeroGeer Unified Push Server Admin UI:
> https://raw.github.com/hbons/aerogear-design/master/aerogear_unified_push_server_admin_ui.png
>
> This work is based off of the features/usecases and lexicon described in http://aerogear.org/docs/specs/aerogear-server-push/ and Matthias's earlier wireframes.
>
> Features:
> Developer can register a Push Application
> Developer can add a Mobile Variant for different operation systems
> Developer can remove a Mobile Variant
> Developer can remove Push Application
> Currently Missing features (these will be added in the next iteration):
> Enroll Developer
> Remove Developer
> Developer can disable Push Notifications to selected Mobile Variant Instances
> Developer sends Push Notification Messages
>
> Potentially controversial changes:
>
>   - Using "(Hybrid Web)" as a variant name instead of "SimplePush". Matthias and I already had a short exchange here on the mailing list about this change, hopefully the way this is used in these wireframes will shed some light on why I think this is a better choice.

I think I would prefer to call this Web / Hybrid or something like that. The way it's written now somewhat implies to me it's only hybrid but maybe that's just me. Also, I would not use "Mozilla SimplePush URL" since you could, and for a while, would likely have your own SimplePush server. Eventually, we hopefully would have to add entries for Mozilla Network, Chrome Network, etc.…  but until then it will likely be our server to allow cross-browser web push.