[aerogear-dev] Unified Push Server user management questions

Hylke Bons hbons at redhat.com
Tue Jun 4 11:26:37 EDT 2013

Hi,

It seems that most of us are happy with the wireframes for the Unified
Push Server admin UI. I've used the feedback to make a few small
changes:
https://github.com/hbons/aerogear-design/blob/master/aerogear_unified_push_server_admin_ui.png

The next step is to look at the the missing features like the user
management and authentication. It would be good to have a discussion
about this, and I have some questions too.

If I understand things correctly, the Push Server can run "standalone"
or as a component in JBoss AS (or something else). So we'll need a UI
for user management when we run standalone, but one that can be disabled
and be plugged in by different existing auth systems that are running on
the server or somewhere else.

Some questions that come to mind:

How is the server bootstrapped? And how is the initial user account
configured? The most essential basic role would be to access the UI and
to configure push notifications (and one to add other (admin) users).
Are there any other roles that we should be considering? Things that
should be disabled for some users?

Thanks,

Hylke